Atomic Safe Second Inflator (SS1), Stainless Steel
The SS1 is the newest and most sophisticated product of its type, taking the concept to new levels of convenience, reliability and performance. It contains a high-flow second stage that performs on the same level as many high-performance regulators. It will deliver high flow rates to a diver at depth with a minimum of effort. It is, however very stable and not prone to unnecessary free-flow or leakage from water movement while swimming, or during entries or exits. The inflator/deflator is easy to operate with soft surfaced buttons placed where they can be easily operated with one hand.
One of the most unique features of the SS1 is its adaptability to almost any BCD. Atomic has designed a set of adapters (patent pending) to fit virtually every poplar BCD brand available. The adapters also include components for attaching the cable exhaust feature of your existing BCD (if applicable). The SS1 features a quick disconnect not only on the low-pressure hose, but the BCD hose as well. The adapters that fit the SS1 to the BCD are connected to the SS1 with a threaded collar that can be easily unscrewed to detach it completely from the BCD. Now you can carry or store the SS1 with your primary regulator and gauges (patent pending).
The SS1 combines the functions of the inflator and octopus regulator into a single unit. This reduces the overall bulk and weight of your dive gear; eliminates hoses, and places your back-up regulator in a fixed, familiar location. This time proven concept is a convenient and efficient alternative to the dedicated octopus second stage. Reduce your rig by one hose with the high performance Atomic SS1. The high-flow, low-pressure disconnect is interchangeable with many other models yet smaller size and lighter in weight. Large oversized and ergonomically shaped buttons are easy to find for pneumatic or oral inflation/deflation. They are easy to distinguish and faced with soft tactile rubber surfaces.
The elliptically shaped body of the SS1 lies flat against the BCD keeping it out-of-the-way and reducing drag. Seat wear is the first cause of regulator leaks and performance degradation. The stainless-steel dynamic orifice is pressure energized and only contacts the rubber seat when in use. Equipped with a titanium lever this high-strength metal part is the link to your air supply and will never fail due to rust or corrosion. The integrated purge cover is a one-piece flexible cover allows purge of the regulator when depressed anywhere on the cover surface.
The SS1 has 316-grade stainless-steel inflation/deflation stem, quick disconnect, demand valve body, orifice and springs. The mouthpiece and diaphragm are silicone rubber and the SS1 body is manufactured from fiberglass reinforced nylon. The SS1 is a dependable downstream demand valve design. The SS1 weighs 7 oz. (200 g) without the hose and the 3/8″ threaded hose also weighs 7 oz. (200 g) and measures 28″ (71 cm) in length. The SS1 comes with an owner’s manual.
Atomic Safe Second Inflator (SS1), Stainless Steel:
- Increased Safety in Out-of-Air Emergencies
- Lightweight, Streamline, Eliminates Backup-Regulator (Octopus)
- Easily-Operated with One-Hand
- Convenience, Reliability and Performance
- High Flow Second Stage
- Stable Not Prone to Free-Flow or Leakage from Water Movement
- High Flow Rates to Diver at Depth w/Minimum of Effort
- Soft-Surfaced Buttons
- Adaptability to Almost Any BCD w/Included Set-of-Adapters
- Quick Disconnect BCD Hose: Easily Unscrewed-to-Detach It Completely from BCD
- Carry or Store the SS1 w/Primary Regulator and Gauges
- Inflator and Octopus Regulator in\Single Unit
- Reduces-the-Overall Bulk and Weight of your Dive Gear
- Eliminates Octopus Hose: Reduce Rig by One-Hose
- Convenient & Efficient Alternative to Dedicated-Octopus Second Stage
- Large Oversized and Ergonomically-Shaped Buttons
- Easy-to-Find for Pneumatic or Oral Inflation/Deflation
- Elliptically-Shaped Body Lies-Flat Against BCD Keeping
- Body Design: Out-of-the-Way and Reducing Drag
- Stainless Steel Dynamic Orifice is Pressure Energized
- Titanium Lever: High-Strength Metal Will Never-Fail Due to Rust or Corrosion
- Integrated Purge Cover, One-Piece Flexible Cover, Depress Anywhere on Cover Surface
316 Grade Stainless Steel:
- Inflation/Deflation Stem
- Quick Disconnect
- Demand Valve Body
- Orifice and Springs
- Silicone Rubber Mouthpiece and Diaphragm
- Housing: Durable Fiberglass Reinforced Nylon
- Dependable Downstream Demand Valve Design
- Weight with Hose: 14 oz. (400 g)
- Hose Length: 28″ (71 cm) with Standard 3/8″ Threads
|2ND STAGE TYPE||
Downstream Demand Valve
SS1; 7 oz. (200 g), LP Hose; 7 oz. (200 g)
Housing: Fiberglass Reinforced Nylon, Hardware: Titanium and 316 Grade Stainless Steel, Mouthpiece And Diaphragm Silicone Rubber
Oxygen-Enriched Mixtures Up to 40%
You may also like…
- $759.95 – $799.95
- $499.95 – $549.95
There are no reviews yet.