$499.95 – $549.95
Atomic Aquatics most compact and economical regulator system, the Z2 may be the least expensive of the Atomic line, but its combination of performance, ergonomics and materials are unmatched by the most expensive competitors.
Built upon the B1/T1 platform, the Z2 shares the same breathing performance and patented features. The Z2 is a balanced flow-thru piston design using Atomics Jet Seat high-flow stainless-steel piston. Exclusive high-pressure piston seal system is self-lubricating for low friction and low maintenance. The Atomic Jet Seat System has no sharp edges that can damage the seat over time, like most competitors’ first stages. Instead, Atomic employs a conical seat and blunt-end piston. Atomics’ valve seats are precision machined from an extremely strong aerospace specification seat material. This design combination is the most reliable seat system in the industry and enables the seat to go 2-years or 300 dives without service. Diving performance is superior at even low tank pressure.
The Z Series second stage is a balanced linear flow design for extremely easy breathing at all depths and dive conditions. The Z Series second-stage is built-to-last with a zirconium plated brass demand valve body, titanium lever and sealing orifice. The diaphragm is made from high-quality silicone rubber. This pneumatically balanced poppet second-stage has Atomics patented seat saving dynamic orifice which unlike most second stage orifices is a floating valve design which reduces wear on the second stage poppet seat when the regulator is not pressurized adding life to this important seal.
The Z Series second stage regulator is equipped with Atomics patented Automatic Flow Control (AFC). This unique diaphragm activated vain automatically controls the flow and Venturi effect of the second stage for optimum breathing resistance at all depths. The second stage does have a rapid adjustment knob for rare special situations. The regulator comes equipped with a 3/8″ threaded 32″ (81.3 cm) low-pressure hose. The regulator weighs 2.3 lbs. (1,070 g) and comes with an owner’s manual.
- First stage materials are chrome plated Brass and 316 Stainless Steel
- Atomic Jet Seat high-flow piston first stage
- Optional factory-sealed first stage to prevent outside contamination such as silt and sand
- Nitrox ready for mixtures up to 40%
- First stage ports available in 2 HP fixed / 7 LP on fixed cap
- Second stage components are made of precision machined Brass with Zirconium plating and Titanium
- Z3 has a Black-PVD-coated Atomic Comfort Swivel
- Patented Atomic Seat Saving Orifice (Titanium)
- Patented Atomic Automatic Flow Control (AFC)
- Rapid adjustment knob for manual second stage de-tuning in special situations
- A new high-flow second stage case that significantly lowers breathing effort at any depth from shallow water to beyond the limits
- Dual material second stage cover enables entire front to be used for purge
- Dual silicone comfort fit mouthpiece with tear-resistant bite tabs
- 2 year/300 dive service interval
- Limited Lifetime Warranty – not contingent on proof of service
|Type of first stage||
Balanced flow-thru piston design
|Number of HP ports||
|Number of LP ports||
7 on fixed cap
|First stage exterior||
Chrome Plated Brass
|Type of second stage||
Rapid adjustment knob for manual second stage de-tuning in special situations
Unique Diaphragm Activated Vain Automatically Controls the Flow and Venturi-Effect
Dual silicone comfort fit mouthpiece with tear-resistant bite tabs
Yes to 40% O2 when new, out of the box
|First stage options||